Wednesday, December 17, 2008

You can do that with photography???

We just had a presentation by photographer (etc/etc/etc) Lyle Owerko. Although it seems like he's done a lot of other interesting things, like the commercial spots, but mostly I was impressed by what he did with photography. I guess I had always looked at a photographs and not really thought how those pictures were procured. It was interesting to here how he set up his studio and formed relationships with his "subjects." It was also interesting to here why he was doing it. A lot of photography books will offer the author's explanation, but it always sounds a little too rehearsed...a little too pretencious. Lyle seemed very down to earth and had a very relaxed and relatable way of describing things that definitely brought more of my interest to his work. Here are some of my favorites he what he showed us:

No comments: